Wednesday, June 2, 2010

moved. name change. purchasing!

Dampened off plants.. just a little Don't even think you can tell in this picture...


Holy cow.. I was busy today! ... What did I do you ask? Well!

I moved the little dampened off diseased plants & their way too tiny coconut coir pots into a plastic shoebox to give them more space vs. their little pan that had them on top of eachother.
Then I moved this container into my DIY greenhouse ( which is just a clear plastic totebox ) and moved that OUTSIDE! thats right.. babies are outside!

Then I decided to change the name of my blog to PLEASE GROW. It's a cute little rock I bought at the garden center today and thought that is was too fun.. So Fun I want my blog to be called that ..

and then!

I WENT to the garden center. With the truck. Trying to conver Square feet to Liters or Lbs is impossible, I guessed everything! And there is NO and I mean absolutly NO way for me to get my hands on vermiculite! I called several places. Places only have the 9L bags meaning I'd have to get 56 bags. This is all pre-figured out for me here

http://researchingmommy.blogspot.com/2009/06/square-foot-gardening-vermiculite.html

Exept this lady had success where as I don't. So I am going to settle on something called Zeolite. It is very similar.. and I saw it at the garden store. I hope it works.
I also switched the ingredients from Peatmoss to Coconut coir which is much more enviromentally friendly too!
aannnnd got this very special soil called Sea soil compost soil.. its beautiful stuff.

Anyways.. Today was a good day and I hope my plants do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment