Monday, June 28, 2010

RESCUE BASIL

Here is the basil plant I rescued from my local grocery store today. Actually I was out looking for basil.. as I had a sudden intrest in making homemade / homegrown caprese salad. S0 5 stores later I find this pooooor basil barely hanging on. I didn't take pictures of how I got it.. but it was squished in a can sized pot ... dry as could be and with 75% of the plant dead sticks. Only a few plants could be saved. But I'm sure she will recover. So this is my what? 6th rescue plant? hahaha






Here is some updates of the petunias ( not morning glory.. )
June 12:





June 28th:




See what a little love can do!


3 comments:

  1. It warms my heart hearing your achievement on basil rescue... at the end, gardening is all about giving plants a chance to live with our care. At times, or when they are stronger, they don't need us to babysit, because nature will take over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a great lover of garden art, I enjoyed going through your blog. Keep on posting. Iflorist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me smile. You remind me of myself! I know exactly where the "almost dead" section of the big box stores are and I always make a beeline to see if there are any plants to save. Your before and after pics say it all. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete