Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cutest little greenhouse


The other day I bought this cute little greenhouse kit at my local bookstore for 30$. It comes with a tin greenhouse with fiberglass windows, 6 little tin pots & a mini wide & narrow trowel & mini cultivator.


I don't know how I plan to use this little device. If I should use the pots in the greenhouse for flowers or something .. or If I'll purchase some peat pellets and let them grow at the bottom.. & use the pots outside.

The reason I loved this kit is because it's reusable. Instead of buying a plastic kit every year for 10-20$ that really doesn't work all that well.. I bought this one for 30$ and hopefully will use it for a few years.







Now after doing some simple googling of this product I realized that actually this is a good idea and even if you can't find this kit in stores near you .. you can build one




or reuse things like plastic egg cartons as greenhouses



and even buy a all plastic shoebox ( with clear plastic lid or plastic wrap put over the top) and put your peat pellets / little cups in there.. and reuse it over and over!
Just a thought on how to make a cheap thing, helps the enviroment and gets the same job done.

2 comments:

  1. Good to find you on Blotanical!
    Cheers,
    Alice
    aka Alice's Garden Travel Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on Blotanical. Great green house ideas!

    ReplyDelete